Tuesday 1 April 2014

Crispy Lemon Herb Chicken

Several years ago in my search to solve health problems and lose weight, I bought all of Suzanne Sommer's books and one of them (forget which one) had a recipe for chicken drumsticks that we really liked.  She used fresh herbs for this recipe (she grows her own), but I didn't have fresh and I actually like it with dried.

I had bought a big package of chicken thighs (not organic unfortunately, but not many people can afford a big package or organic chicken thighs), so I used thighs instead of drumsticks. The only difference is that the thighs didn't get as crispy as the drumsticks would.

I served the Lemon Herb Chicken Thighs with my favourite kale salad and, while it took awhile to cook the chicken, the prep work is quick for booth the salad and the chicken.

First cover a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and line up the chicken thighs on it.  Now go to your spice rack (in my case a spice drawer) and pick out your favourite spices (dried basil, oregano, thyme, paprika, tarragon, turmeric, dill, etc.) - whatever you like - and sprinkle them generously over the chicken.  It will look like this.


Next take two (or three) lemons and slice them very thin and spread them on top of the chicken - like this.


Now bake it at 375 degrees for 1 - 1-1/2 hours - depending on your oven - until the chicken and the lemon slices are crisp.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Print Friendly and PDF