Monday 17 March 2014

Lobster Crab Mac & Cheese

Hi - it has been awhile.  The last few weeks have not been good for my stomach, but things seemed to have settled down again, but not until I was so uncomfortable I had to go to the doctor.  He prescribed a proton pump inhibitor and another drug to get things under control.  I still don't know what caused the problem but it killed any desire I had to cook (or eat for that matter) for too long.

During that time Paleo Grandad and I each got a new toy - a Fitbit.  It's wristband that you wear 24/7 that tracks your steps and your sleep.  You can also track your food and other things, but I wanted it mainly to track my steps and my sleep.  You have probably heard that we all need to take 10,000 steps a day - that is a lot of steps - but you can set the Fitbit for any goal you want and I started with 5,000.  We went for a walk yesterday afternoon and ended up taking 6,517 steps!  When you meet/exceed your goal the wrist band buzzes (made me jump).  I also know I had 7 hours and 9 minutes sleep last night, and was restless for 14 minutes during that time.  Cool.

If you miss macaroni and cheese, here is a good alternative.  I know, nothing is quite like the real thing, but if can get two frozen lobster tails on sale at Save-On, and pick up a can of good crab meat, you have the makings of primal mac and cheese with lobster and crab. I love something vinegar-y with mac and cheese, so my kale, walnut, dried cranberry salad goes really well.  It was dinner last night and leftovers for lunch today.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Print Friendly and PDF